Monday, May 4, 2009

HELP!!

I have to be honest. I am completely, one hundred percent, no doubt about it, a computer dimwit. I have no idea how to do things on it. No idea how it works. And am completely intimidated by it. If I need to know how to do something on it, I have to ask my husband or children to walk me through it. And by walking me through it, I mean that they have to talk in small words, and talk slow, and tell me exactly what to do...step by step.

Usually they say "oh that's easy....just do this and this and then you're done". DUH!!! Remember? Dimwit here!! That doesn't work with me. I have to be shown and sometimes more than once. My husband will show me but when I ask him to do it again, just to make sure that I have it right, he goes and does it ANOTHER way. He sits there and just clicks away (he's very click happy) and expects me to follow. My children just shake their heads at me. They don't understand that the computer world is totally foreign to me. So then I have to remind them that I didn't grow up with all this technology. We didn't have cell phones, Blackberries, IPODs, pagers, laptops, running water, electricity, etc.

So when I asked my 14 year old to help me add pictures to my blog, the conversation went something like this:

me--Can you help me add pictures to my blog?

her--I guess.

me--I want to put a picture here, but I have no idea how to do it.

her--You have to download it, put it in a file. Rename the file. Open your blog page, find where you filed the picture. Click on this, click on that. Picture will upload. Blah blah blah...

me--What???? Itty, bitty brain here!!! Remember??

her--laughs at me, shakes her head and then tries to walk me through it again.

It took awhile. But we finally put a picture on a couple of blogs. I may even understand how things work a little better now...NOT! I'm still intimidated. Still don't understand. My hope is to one day be to be able to put a picture of myself on my profile so that I'm not just a silhouette.

2 comments:

  1. Call me and I'll help you put a picture up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Lol that was so stinkin hilarious! Luv u mom!

    ReplyDelete