Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Milestones and Miles-stones

Wow...it's been a long time since I've written. Too long. It's been a busy few months. Here's a little rundown on what's been going on here. We had all my grandbabies together here in May, which was hectic but oh so nice!! For Mother's Day, I had all 3 of my children with me, which hasn't happened in a few years. Megan and I went to North Carolina so she could meet her favorite NASCAR driver. Then Megan went to Texas for 6 weeks in June. I traveled to Texas a couple of times, and to Mississippi too. Of course Stan is always traveling somewhere. Plus there are more travels in my future....to see my granddaughters...go on a cancer awareness walk...watch my sweet niece become a wife. Life can be very hectic and busy. Time has a way of getting away from us. It's up to each of us to stop, take a breath, and remember what is truly important in our lives.

So here are some milestones that have happened for us this year (funny how most of them are age-related)....just to name a few:

Our grandson Chase turned one in April (today he is 16 months old). He is a sweet boy, who is easy-going for the most part. But he definitely has a temper and he's not afraid to use it!!! He's working on walking now and then it's watch out!!

Our oldest granddaughter Audrey will be two tomorrow. She is a sweet, mischievous, beautiful, stubborn girl who knows exactly what she wants and when she wants it!! And already she has a shoe fetish!!!

Our youngest granddaughter Kayla is seven months old now. She's starting to crawl and getting teeth and is just the happiest baby! She has the most wonderful crooked smile that can melt your heart!

Melissa turned 25 (wow...and yet I am still so young!!). Megan turned Sweet 16 and is a junior this year. Matt is 22 but says he can't wait until he's 25 because then I'll be twice his age (pain in the butt boy!).

And then there is Stan, who will turn the big 5-0 in a couple of weeks!!! And yet, I'll still be in my LOW 40's!! Arguments, anyone??? Didn't think so!!

Even the dog is having her milestones....like she's almost A MILLION YEARS OLD now!!!!!

And then this summer, I had something happen to me that has never happened to me before!!! It happened to Stan a while back and I'm sure it has happened to millions of people already. But for me, it was a first!

It happened in Claude, TX, population 1313 on June 30, 2010!!
I finally drove a car for 100,000 miles!!!

Yes, I stopped to take pictures. I must be a geek at heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment